May 31, 2007

Why do I put up with these kids?

So we've had to fire some people here lately, this one chick Paula was stealing from the drawer and thought she'd get away with it. What a bitch. She was cute, a little too emo-looking for me, but some people go for that, so whatever. I was pretty sneaky when I caught her, I came in to the shop one day in disguise, fake mustache and everything, and sat "reading the paper" off in one of the dark corners and had a perfect line of sight for watching her the entire time. Money had been missing for a while, and just because I can be a little out of it from time to time, she thought I wouldn't notice. But there's a reason that Wendell leaves me in charge of the money. I'm smart like that. Another dude that worked here left, but was on his way to getting fired after not showing up much. He quit before I could get the chance to fire him. I can't even remember his name right now and I'm not sure if I ever knew it. Now we have to hire two new people, or give some of the other workers more hours. Whatever. I don't know why I can't have more say in who works here, but no. It's always "Wyatt, so-and-so needs to be told to take shorter breaks," or "Emo-girl needs to be fired, can you handle that Wyatt?" But when I tell Wendell that the girl with the nice legs and pretty eyes should be hired I can never be heard.

Then there's Heather, who has been freaking out lately, worried that some guy thinks that she's some sort of floozy because she slept next to him for one night, and that's all. I guess it's not just some guy, it's Chad, the regular of regulars. And nothing happened, from what she's saying. Chad's not been in here as often but it's the summer and no one comes in here as often in the summer. She kept saying that she hopes he doesn't have the wrong ideas about her, that she's a good girl and was just drunk and needed a place to stay and thought it would be nice to have someone to lay next to overnight. If that's the worst of her worries, then she should be alright. I swear these kids have no idea.

They have no idea about why I go out all the time. They think I'm just some creepy guy looking for some young tail. That's only half true. Really, I'm going out there to get ideas and to see what that crowd is into these days. Granted my college days are behind me, way way behind me. I guess I shouldn't really say college days, more like my college-aged days. I never really went to college. I moved here to go but classes just weren't my thing and cramped my style. I once had style. But I can still hang with the crowd and see what's what. I get ideas for new things to use at the shop. I hear about some local musician and try to get him to play an in-store. I see the styles and try to influence the hiring of people who fit. All to try to bring in the business. The kids appreciate it but Wendell thinks I'm just some horny creepy drunk dude trying to stay in the college age. He really knows that I'm not a drunk at least not anymore. I did meetings and stuff man. So what if I check girls out while I'm at the bars. Have you seen some of the things they wear these days??? How could I not check them out? When their boobs are out there a guy has to look. It's written in our genes, even Wendell will look at a nice pair and make a comment.

Anyways I hope Heather snaps out of this soon. She's one of our better (and cuter) workers so we don't need her freaking out and letting things slack. I guess if it had to happen summer is the best time. It's too bad that I know how good of a girl she really is otherwise I might try to move in. If I were 10 years younger of course. Her voice is amazing. A couple of weeks ago she had a performance or a recital or whatever they call it that I went to. Mainly to impress this girl I was dating, making her think that I was cultured and shit. But part of me wanted to see Heather outside of her Brews Brothers duds and I'm glad I did. She had this dress on that could have killed a man and was glowing like an angel or something. That dress definitely worked for her. Taking the date to the concert worked for me. I should probably thank Heather for inviting me.

No comments: