May 16, 2007

Whirlwind week

Last week was crazy – work, parties, live music, and unexplainable injuries. Let’s just say that I am our household’s current Beer Pong champion, that the lake is not very warm yet, and that my left knee is so swollen that I can barely walk.

I did manage to sneak into Brews Brothers a few times last week but there was no sign of Heather anywhere. Damn. I stopped in yesterday before work and Dana was there, and I wanted to ask her where Heather was because I think they’re kind of friends, but I decided not to. I don’t want to be too obvious about it. I think I would know if she had quit – Wyatt and Wendell usually keep me pretty up-to-date on staff changes – so maybe she just decided to take a vacation after school got out or something.

I’m really hoping to see her to invite her to the huge party we’re having this weekend to kick off the summer. Kegs have been ordered, so the party’s officially official now, and we actually made up invitations, which is pretty impressive for three college-aged guys throwing a kegger. They look pretty good too, if I do say so myself – I made them one day last week when I was bored at work. I think the Queer Eye For the Straight Guy guys would be impressed with my design. I did give one to Dana, and I guess I could have given her an extra one and told her to give it to Heather if she saw her, but I really want to invite her myself so that she thinks that I really want her there (not just another female body), which I do. I guess I’ll just have to be patient and keep going to Brews Brothers at every opportunity I get. I’m bound to run into her eventually, right?

No comments: