May 11, 2007

Back from the bed

So what do I do for excitement the first week of summer? How about get deathly ill! I got some sort of bug this week, I feel like it was food poisoning from another cookout we had. Usually I like my burgers medium rare, but I think Charlie gave me mine straight from the cow. And this cow got his revenge on me. For the past few days I've barely been able to make it out of my bed, let alone make it to work. It was a nice vacation, except for the whole vomiting part. My next paycheck is going to be tiny, unless I pick up a ton of hours. Just what I wanted to do over the summer. Spend more time indoors, working with a milk steamer when the A/C goes out.

Now that I'm able to keep my food down, I feel like going to a decent place and eating a huge meal, money be damned. Unfortunately, all everyone around here just wants to go to a burger place. Not really high on my list of foods to eat right now. I guess I can dine on my own. It's never stopped me before.

Maybe I'll try to give Dana a call to see if she wants to lay out on her deck. She's got a nice place, complete with a HUGE deck in the back, perfect for working on a tan. And since I've spent the last four days inside, I'm a little restless, and very, very pale. Something needs to be done.

No comments: