May 02, 2007

Humming and whistling

I'm getting better at talking with customers, I really am! Some people are easier to talk to than others, I'm mostly sticking with the regulars right now. And I've found that when I'm not talking to people, I hum to myself when I'm wandering around. I don't think I'm consciously doing it, it's just something to fill the empty space. It all depends on the background music, which all depends on who is working. If Wendell is here, it's usually something good, like Billie Holiday or Ella. If it's Wyatt, you'll probably hear some trendy pop-punk or jam band when you visit the Brews Brothers. Kind of makes me want to puke when Wyatt is here.

One of our regulars, Chad, has been starting the conversations with me, which makes things even easier! It helps that he's pretty cute, in a sort of sleepy (not dreamy) Jake Gyllenhaal way. And I swear I've heard him whistling along with Ella one day, which I really appreciate. I don't know if he's just stressed from finals or what, but he seemed kind of flustered when I talked to him yesterday, he kept stumbling over words and looking a little lost or concerned. Then again, everyone is this time of the semester, I guess.

Speaking of which, I should get going to my lesson. . . I'm a little scatter-brained myself lately. I don't feel ready for my recital this week, but I guess I'll be alright. I just wish I had the night off tonight, but I'm one of the few employees that is done with exams. Lucky me.

No comments: