May 25, 2007

work work work

I have been working constantly this week! We lost two workers in the past couple of weeks, and I've been trying to get as many hours as I can, rent doesn't pay itself, and neither will a new outfit. Apparently the girl we lost (it wasn't so much "lost" as she was "fired") needed some new outfits, too, because she was stealing from the drawer, and from other people's tips! How weak is that??? The guy we lost (yes, there are a few guys that work here, and now even fewer) had recently graduated, and decided he needed to move on rather quickly. He was planning on staying until the end of summer, but all of a sudden two days ago he quit and left town. No two weeks or anything. Seems like a weird situation. Oh well, it means more money for Heather!

So there was this party recently that a few friends of mine and I went to, out at a cabin by the lake. Chad was there. As was a lot of alcohol. It was fun! Chad and I talked for a long, long, long time, about nothing at all, really. But it wasn't in a way that was weird, it was just getting to know each other, while drinking and sitting on a dock overlooking the lake. The setting was beautiful, I might add. Maybe next year I'll have to talk Dana and a few other girls into trying to get together and rent a place out this way. It'll take a lot more hours at Brews Brothers, but I think it'd be worth it. I could sit out on a bench facing the lake every night for hours, just on my own.

Anyways, I ended up staying at the cabin after Dana passed out. I may be a lightweight, but I could drink her under the table without even trying. But I must have had a little more than I thought, I kind of went to sleep in Chad's bed, with him in it. Don't worry, nothing happened at all. It was nice, though. I just hope Chad doesn't get the wrong ideas

1 comment:

Jad said...

I'm seriously loving this.

You guys are doing a great job.