April 27, 2007

TGIF

Finally, the weekend. I am out of my last class for the day – actually my last class for the semester, since next week is finals week. April has really flown by.

I don’t have any real plans for the summer, just hanging around Sheffield. I’m upping my hours at work to about 35 a week. It’s probably a good thing because of the whole making money aspect of having a job, but it cuts down on time to be a bum at Shelton Lake outside of town, where a couple of buddies and I are renting a cabin for the summer. I’m sure there will still be plenty of time for boozing and boarding, and Shelton Lake is a goldmine for beautiful women in tiny bathing suits.

Mom and Dad want me to spend a few weeks at home, but I told them that I can’t get the time off work. That’s not entirely true – there are a ton of part-time tellers at the credit union that would jump all over my hours if they were offered up. I just don’t want to go home. Maxwell, my hometown, is alright – about 25,000 people, a nice place to grow up, just not a lot going on. None of my friends from high school live around there anymore, and none of them go home, and I don’t think any of us really consider Maxwell to be our home anymore so much as just our hometown.

Besides, this is my last summer of freedom before graduation, my last chance to really live it up before entering the Real World. I don’t want to spend it watching The Price is Right at my parents’ house and golfing with my dad. I want to spend it on a boat, or behind a boat, or wasted on the dock, which is what I fully intend on doing. I’ll visit my parents for a few days, and I’m sure my parents will come to Sheffield a couple times, but I’m not leaving for any extended period of time.

I stopped by Brews Brothers on my way home after class, talked to Wendell for awhile, and chilled out for awhile with an iced tea and a cookie. There was no sign of Dana, who is usually working when I get out of class on Friday, but Heather was there. She seemed pretty busy though, and kind of frazzled and distracted, so I didn’t want to bother her. She wasn’t humming. I hope she’s doing okay, but I guess it’s just that stressful time of year. It’s too bad I’m never drunk around her and in a position to use my liquid courage to strike up a conversation. Normally I’m not so nervous around women, but…damn.

No comments: