April 26, 2007

Another lonely night

I just got home from Brews Brothers; it was a pretty disappointing night there, to say the least. There was no sign of Heather, and the other girl there that I'm pretty friendly with, Dana, wasn't working either. Dana's not really my type, she's pretty tall and is blonde and I prefer brunettes, but she's really nice, and on the few occasions that we've had actual conversations I've found her to be really funny.

I didn't see much of Wyatt or Wendell, either. Wyatt was telling me the other day about his online betting, and with it being NBA playoff time I have a sneaking suspicion that he was in the back putting money on the Bulls. (I'm a Cleveland fan myself - gotta love that LeBron James.) I don't know where Wendell was all night, probably updating his profile at match.com. He swears by online dating, but I don't think he's had any more success with it than he has at real-life dating. So, with no Dana, no Heather, and the W's making themselves scarce, I didn't stick around long. I've been trying to get the nickname "The W's" to stick in reference to Wyatt and Wendell, but I haven't had any luck with that. Either "The W's" or "W-Squared". Either way, it hasn't been happening.

Tomorrow is my last day of classes before finals. I'm pretty relieved. I've actually studied my ass of this semester and my grades are really good for once, so at least I'm going into the summer (and my senior year) on a high note. I wonder what Heather's major is. She's definitely not in anything in the communications field or I would have seen her around school. She strikes me as the art history type, or maybe something in the English field...literature, perhaps. I'm dying to ask her, but I don't know if that's too forward, seeing as how we've only had a couple of very brief conversations. I wanted to ask Brett about it last night, but he was so hyped up about the new girl that he's dating (Ambrosia, I think her name is - who names their child after mythological food?) and so far gone on $2 Jack and Cokes that the effort seemed pretty futile.

I should probably get to studying for my final in Communication and Contemporary Culture, the one class I haven't been doing so hot in this semester, and one that I would really like to do well in given that it's one of the core classes for my major. Hopefully Heather will be working tomorrow. Hopefully Heather will be humming.

No comments: