June 22, 2007

Such a life to lead

Dana and I were supposed to go out to the lake yesterday, but an unexpected thunderstorm put an end to those plans. And I really mean unexpected. Everywhere I looked said that we had a 10% chance of rain. I always figured that the 10% is just a way for the forecasters to cover their asses when they think there's no way it's going to rain, but they don't have the balls to put the precipitation chances at 0%.

So anyways yesterday was spent doing some much-needed cleaning around my room, and the preliminary stages of packing. Dana and I are moving to an apartment in August. It's a little further away from downtown, but much cheaper, so it's worth the sacrifice.

I was really looking forward to going to the lake, I need to unwind a little bit. Ever since I've gotten back from our Father's Day vacation, I've been working almost non-stop, and during the times that I'm not working I'm struggling to stay awake. I'm that lame. Plus, it would've been nice to see Chad, I haven't seen or heard from him since that last time I was out there. I probably should've called him to let him know I was back in town, but I figured I would've run into him at Brews Brothers. He hasn't been in lately, though, so I don't know what's up. I hope everything's ok. I bet I missed a good party or two out there, he probably hooked up with some girl. He doesn't seem like the type that would do that randomly, but then again, maybe that's his ploy.

Now I get to go in for the 4-midnight shift, always a fun time on a Friday night. It's not like I wanted to hang out with friends or anything. Afterwards, I'll be too exhausted to do anything, so I'll probably be heading to bed. It builds character, right? I mean, not doing anything, sleeping all the time, and working. At least I have Sunday off, I'm thinking of heading to a show downtown, one of my voice major buddies sings for a band, and I've never heard them perform. She's invited me so many times, I may as well check it out. Who knows, I may like them!

No comments: