June 27, 2007

A date?!?

I finally caught up with Chad today, he came into Brews Bros while I was working, and we actually had a little down time to talk. It was nice! And, we set up a date for tonight!

You may ask why I'm home at 10:00 the night of a date. Well, we were going to catch a movie, so we headed down to the theater, only to see a sign on the door saying that they're "temporarily closed for remodeling". This was the first that either of us had heard about a temporary closure, and since Chad knows one of the night managers there, he called him to see what the story was. Apparently, the air conditioning went out earlier in the day, and with the ridiculous heat we've been having, they just decided to close the place for the night. He didn't mention why they didn't just say that on the door instead of the remodeling. Whatever.

After that, we walked down to the ice cream shop and each got two scoops in a waffle cone, then headed out for a walk. It had started to cool down by then, and the ice cream made it even cooler, so it turned into a lovely night for a stroll. We made it all the way down to the park, and sat on a bench, just watching the river calmly flowing past, and talked. I don't know if I've ever talked so much with a guy, but he's such a good talker, time just flies past! We talked about music, some sports (I like to think I know a little bit about some sports, like baseball, so I can hold my own in a conversation) and life in Sheffield. We decided to start walking back when the sun started hiding behind some trees. On the way, he held my hand! (I get so girly about stuff like that, sorry) My place was on the way back to his car, so we stopped there, and talked some more on the doorstep. After a few minutes, he said he needed to go, he had work in the morning, but before he could go, I leaned up and gave him a quick kiss, just like that! A little out of the ordinary for me, but what the hell, you only live once, right? Anyways, I think it really surprised him, he was speechless for a few seconds before he said goodnight and walked in the direction of his car.

This was a wonderful night, one of the better dates I've been on in a while. Granted, it's one of the only dates I've been on in a while, but still. Now I think our schedules are opposing for the next few days, so who knows when I'll see or talk to him next. I just hope he knows that I had a great time!

No comments: