June 27, 2007

Guess who's got a date...

I finally, finally got up the nerve to call Heather. Of course, I was really busy last week (my parents came to town to harass me for a couple of days, which was nice because I ate really well during that time) and didn't get around to calling her until Friday afternoon. And of course her phone went straight to voicemail. So when I got off work I went over to Brews Brothers, and there she was.

She said something like, "Hey stranger!" when I walked in and waved at me as she went off to help a customer, and I grabbed the newspaper and went and sat at my usual spot after I got a smoothie. Then after awhile things settled down a little and she came and sat with me, and we talked for awhile and it was really nice. We talked about our parents and how they're awesome but really irritating a lot of the time. I told her I was sorry for not calling her when she got back into town, but I didn't know how the two-day rule applied when she'd been out of town for a week. She said it was okay, that she felt bad for not calling me when she got back into town, and that for future reference the two-day rule was not necessary.

And, we made plans for a mid-week date! Her work schedule is crazy busy right now since Wyatt and Wendell are pretty short on help over the summer, and she didn't really have a night open until tonight. We're going to see a movie and then get some ice cream -- we decided "dinner and a movie" was too cliche. It is officially a date!

No comments: