June 18, 2007

Back for the attack!

For Father's Day, my family and I decided that we'd take a little vacation with Dad, anywhere that he'd like to go. Of course he said that he didn't care as long as we were all together, but eventually he came up with seeing as many minor-league baseball parks and games as we could in a few days. We checked schedules, drew up maps, and hit the road for almost a full week, making it to five different games! I had a good time, I think my dad really loved it, but my mom and sister seemed like they were just along for the ride. They did a good job of humoring us, though, and didn't bring down the mood at all. It was too bad our brother couldn't make it, but since he has a "real job" and everything, he wasn't able to get the time off, plus he would've had to spent a few hours on the plane ride back here, then 6 days in a car, and then turn around and fly back East. He would've enjoyed the games, but I don't know if he could've handled the trips, especially with my sister and me. He loves us, but together, we team up on him and have the ability to make him really, really angry.

Last weekend, before the trip, Chad had me over for a little boating, some steaks, and hanging out. I had said I was going to bring beers, but when the time came to leave, I was running around trying to get ready, and just totally forgot. I was running late, so I was a little flustered. He had a couple there, so it was alright. Plus, that way I didn't get too drunk to drive home again, like the last time I was out there. We had a good time, our "boating" experience was cut short due to a lack of gas, but that was fine with me. Chad got all bent out of shape about it, saying how Devon was supposed to take care of that before he left or something. But Chad seemed kind of nervous and flustered most of the night for some reason, but that didn't stop him from grilling up a delicious steak for me, just the way I like it, barely past rare. He also threw some potatoes on the grill, one of my favorite sides.

After dinner, we just sat out on the dock watching boats go by, and then the stars as they came out. It was a beautiful night, perfect for star gazing and conversation. Before I knew it, one a.m. rolled around, and I needed to get home. I had work at 10 the next morning, and needed all the hours I could get since I had taken the whole next week off. (The W's were not happy about that one, but when I told them what we were doing, they agreed to let me have a job when I came back.) I could tell Chad was a little disappointed that I had to leave, and that I would be gone for an entire week, but he was so sweet and gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before I left.

Well, I'm off to work now. I heard from Dana that there were a couple of new people, so I guess today I'll see how they are. I'm always so nervous about the new employees, it takes a special breed to work at the Brews Bros, not everyone makes the cut!

No comments: