October 10, 2008

It's just been that kind of week

Well, this has been a kind of uneventful, and incredibly frustrating, week for me. I’m on thin ice with the credit union – my drawer was $85 short on Monday. It’s the first time I’ve ever been off in the time I’ve worked there, which I think is pretty impressive, especially since it seems like a couple of the other tellers are off a couple times per week. Then I had one of the production assistants on the morning show I’m producing walk out on me on Tuesday – a really classy move on his part. So I’ve spent the rest of the week scrambling to get things done. It helps the mornings go by fast, but it’s stressful.

I also had midterms this week, so when I wasn’t working or taking tests, I was holed up in my regular spot at Brews Brothers studying. Devon and Derek both have girlfriends now who spend the majority of their time at our house, and while they’re both very sweet (and, I’m not going to lie, pretty attractive) it’s impossible to concentrate on anything with four people clamoring around the house. It’s not dead silent at Brews Brothers by any means, but I can focus there.

This left very little time to talk to Heather this week, but what little I did talk to her, she seemed tense and things were incredibly strained between us. She’s getting out and meeting people, and that’s good. She’s been spending a lot of time with this guy Vaughn. Don’t get me wrong, I’m fine with her having guy friends – it’s not like I don’t have plenty of friends who are girls. I just hate that other people get to spend time with her and I don’t.

I’ve hatched a plan, though – a surprise visit next weekend. I conned her roommate into making sure Heather doesn’t make any plans so she’ll be around when I get in on Thursday night. Hopefully this little random act of romance will give our relationship the kick in the ass it needs.

No comments: