October 22, 2007

A weekend about nothing.

I finally had a weekend to myself, no work, no school projects, no birthday barcrawls, nothing. It was fantastic. Chad and I hung out for a lot of it. We grabbed a sandwich at a new deli that just opened (best egg salad sandwich I've ever had!) and enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather. While I am a fan of the cooler seasons, this last week of early summer-like warmth has been appreciated. Of course, there's supposed to be a cold front coming through the area tomorrow, and this is supposed to stick. With this front comes rain. I think the next 5 days have a 70% chance, every day. Just thinking about it is almost enough for me to want to start a grunge band.

Anyways, the best part about this weekend was being able to lounge around and do nothing. At first I felt anxious, like I was supposed to be doing something the whole time, but that quickly passed. Chad came over after he got off of work and watched a Survivorman marathon on Discovery Channel. He loves that show. We stopped at Sub Shop (very original name) for a mid-afternoon snack, since we had been wanting to go there since it had opened a few weeks ago, and I'll probably be going all the time. Maybe I can work out a deal with one of the guys working there, I'll give him/her coffee if he/she gives me sandwiches. Sounds fair to me. Chad thinks he gets a raw deal since he can't just trade bank accounts for food, but I always remind him he makes $5 more per hour than I do. I think it balances out.

Chad didn't stay much longer after eating, he said he had some "family stuff" to deal with, but wouldn't go into specifics. I hope everything's ok. I didn't want to prod him too much about it, but maybe I'll ask him about it tomorrow. I had my own family stuff today, my parents came into town and took me to dinner! Somehow they had heard it was "Family Weekend" at Sheffield, so they thought they had to show up. I was fine with it, I never turn down a free meal, especially at a place like Molto. Plus, it's always nice to see them without feeling like I should be working on something or studying or when I'm extremely hungover. I think they appreciate it, too.

Well, my weekend of relaxation is coming to a close. Tomorrow will probably bring homework, and a new week of lessons, and reality. But the escape from it was much-needed, if only for two days.

No comments: