July 14, 2007

I've got iced coffee drinks running through my veins

Wow, I have done absolutely nothing all week long. I've been working, but not too often, and trying to get into better shape (trying being the key word). I've hung out with Chad maybe once, but he's out of town now for some family thing.

The 4th of July was pretty awesome, a huge group of people got together at the lake, where the whole town was out to celebrate, it seemed. There was a boat parade where the most adorable kids dressed up as their favorite movie characters (this was the year of Transformers, I guess. Only one of the costumes was any good, but the kids were still super cute!), then a kind of lame ski-jump show. The fireworks were amazing, a bunch of us went out onto the boat to watch them fire off from a wonderful viewpoint. Of course, large amounts of alcohol were consumed, but we were always good on the boat, we always had a designated boater.

Afterwards everyone hung out, Chad and the boys pulled out some sleeping bags, so a lot of us just passed out under the stars. I woke up pretty early the next morning, as the heat and humidity was already starting to get unbearable by 8 am. Luckily (I guess) I had to work for most of the day, so I was in the air conditioning at Brews Brothers. I had to keep slamming iced mochas to stay awake for most of the time, then basically crashed when I got home. I woke up around 4 in the morning to find that I had missed about 10 calls. Apparently everyone had gone out that night, and I missed it. I feel like I was there, though, with all the drunk messages I had.

Anyways, I need to go jog off all of the recent iced coffee drinks I've been having lately. It's so hard to turn down the chance to sample one of Wendell's latest creations. You'd think I'd learn my lesson by now, especially after the iced S'mores drink. It sounds delicious in theory, but whatever the hell he put into it did not work.

1 comment:

Hannita said...

I think it's so funny that your characters start taking on your lives. Jogging. Drunk dialing. Heat and humidity.