January 28, 2008

Finally, a few minutes

Right now I'm in between my practice studio time and my shift at Brews Bros, and should probably still be at the studio. I can only take so much singing at one time, though, especially if I'm going to be working all night long. Now that school has started back up, the place is busy again, all those kids who didn't do as well as they had hoped for in their first semester classes are already hitting the books. And already cranky. Luckily, I don't spend much time thinking about that, because my mind is usually elsewhere.
I've been rushing around, getting things all in a row, so I can be prepared for my audition for Juilliard!!! I'm so excited about the idea of going to grad school there, I can't even really fathom how huge of a deal this could be! I'm not getting my hopes up too much for going there, it would be amazing, but I know that it's a stretch for anyone to get in. Just being considered has been an honor, one that's boosted my confidence infinitely. Of course I have a few other schools that I'm looking into, you know, the whole "safety net" type thing, but you gotta shoot for the stars, right? Now if I could only have a minute to relax. Chad and I are going out to NYC in March, but I have SO MUCH stuff to do before then. I hope he understands that I'm not purposely trying to neglect him, but I have a lot of other things on my mind right now. He seems to be a trooper so far, I just hope that he's not brooding inside.

The last time that I was able to really relax was Christmas. I spent a couple of weeks at home with my family, not doing anything. That was amazing. Something else that was amazing was the necklace that Chad got for me! I love it! He better not have spent much on it, though, because I just got him a couple of the books he wanted and a decent sweater. I'm not sure if it lives up to the necklace I got.

No comments: