November 12, 2007

The daily grind

Well, November has been a busy month here in Sheffield. I'm busy getting the life sucked out of me at my "internship," and Heather is participating in National Novel Writing Month, or "NaNoWriMo" as the insiders call it. I had no idea Heather was even interested in writing until she informed me that she would be spending the month of November forcing out a 50,000 word novel. It's about quantity and not quality, so it's not like she's been asking me to edit it, and I've been told that I'll "never be able to read it" because she says it's so terrible, which makes me wonder why she's continuing to write the thing at all, and she says the whole point is to make it to 50,000 words, not write the next War and Peace, and then we stop talking about it.

We're both starting to get sick, too, which is so pleasant.

In news totally unrelated to Chad and Heather...is there any news totally unrelated to Chad and Heather, or "Cheather" as Brett has taken to calling us? Dana refers to us as the "Brangelina of Sheffield." I'm not sure whether that's a good or a bad thing.

My mom is doing well, still doing the chemo thing, but hopefully kicking some cancer ass. I can't imagine how she manages to be so upbeat about the whole thing, but she is. It's like, "Cancer? What?" She's still working full-time. I don't even want to work full-time now when I'm completely healthy.

Back to the grind now - I'm closing at the credit union tonight and my break is almost over. Nothing like going to work after you get off work.

No comments: